Terms and Conditions
- Introduction. Please read this page carefully. It contains the terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) governing your access to and use of the ApexonHealth Corporation Sites and the Services (as each are defined below) provided by ApexonHealth Corporation or one of its divisions (collectively, “ApexonHealth”). If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions or do not meet or comply with their provisions, you may not use the ApexonHealth Web Sites or Services. These Terms and Conditions are effective as of March 23, 2016.
- Binding Agreement. These Terms and Conditions (as they may be amended from time to time by ApexonHealth) form a binding agreement (the “Agreement”) between you and ApexonHealth. Your access to or use the ApexonHealth Web Sites or Services indicates your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. You agree to use the Sites at your own risk.
- Intellectual Property Rights and Acceptable Use of the Sites and Services.
3.1 General Use Rules. The Sites are intended for individuals seeking employment and for employers or recruiters seeking candidates for employment. You may use the Sites only for lawful purposes within the stated context of ApexonHealth’s intended and acceptable use of the Sites. ApexonHealth is the sole interpreter of the Site’s intended and acceptable use. 3.2 ApexonHealth Intellectual Property Rights. The Sites, the ApexonHealth Materials, and all right, title and interest in and to the Sites and ApexonHealth Materials are the sole property of ApexonHealth, or its licensors are protected by the United States and foreign copyright, trademark, and other laws. Except for the limited licenses expressly granted to you in these Terms and Conditions, ApexonHealth reserves for itself and its licensors all other rights, title, and interest. Without limitation on the foregoing, you may not reproduce, modify, display, sell, or distribute the Content or ApexonHealth Materials or use them in any other way for public or commercial purposes. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, this prohibition includes: (a) copying or adapting the HTML code used to generate web pages on the Sites; (b) using or attempting to use engines, manual or automated software, tools, devices, agents, scripts, robots or other means, devices, mechanisms or processes (including, but not limited to, browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate, search, access, “scrape,” “crawl,” or “spider” any web pages or any Services provided on the Sites other than the search engine and search agents available from ApexonHealth on such ApexonHealth Sites and other than generally available third party web browsers (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari); and (c) aggregating, copying or duplicating in any manner any of the content or information available from any of the ApexonHealth Sites, without the express written consent of ApexonHealth. The use of the content on any other website or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is strictly prohibited. The ApexonHealth Materials are not considered to work for hire, and you may duplicate such ApexonHealth Materials only for the purposes outlined in the Service Activation Agreement. “ApexonHealth,” “Personified,” the ApexonHealth design logo and specific other names or logos are service marks or trademarks of ApexonHealth, and all related product and service names, design marks, and slogans are the service marks or trademarks of ApexonHealth. The “look” and “feel” of the Sites (including color combinations, button shapes, layout, design, and all other graphical elements) are also protected by ApexonHealth’s trademarks, service marks, and copyrights. ApexonHealth’s copyright also protects any code that ApexonHealth creates to generate or display the content or the pages making up the Sites. You must retain all copyright, trademark, service mark, and other proprietary notices on the Content or ApexonHealth Materials on any authorized copy you make of the Content or ApexonHealth Materials. All other product and service marks contained on the Sites are the trademarks of their respective owners.
4.3 License to Use by Users who are Job Seekers. ApexonHealth hereby grants you a limited, terminable, non-exclusive right to access and use the Sites only for your personal use seeking employment opportunities for yourself. This authorizes you to view and download a single copy of the Sites material solely for your personal, noncommercial use. You agree that you are solely responsible for the content of any Document you post to a Site and any consequences arising from such posting. Your use of the Sites is a privilege. ApexonHealth reserves the right to suspend or terminate that privilege for any reason at any time, at its sole discretion.
3.4 Use of Aggregate Data. You understand and agree that ApexonHealth owns and has the right to collect, extract, compile, synthesize, and analyze Aggregate Data. ApexonHealth may use such Aggregate Data for any lawful business purpose without a duty of accounting to you, provided that the data and information is used only in an aggregated and anonymized form so that it cannot be identifiable as relating to you. “Aggregate Data” means de-identified aggregated data or information regarding Job Seekers’ educational or career history (including, by way of example and not limitation, aggregate data relating to Job Seekers’ occupation, location, salary, education, and experience).
3.5 Other Specific Rules Regarding Site Usage. You represent, warrant, and agree that you (a) are at least 13 years of age or older, and if under the age of 18 or the age of majority as that is defined in your jurisdiction, you will only use the Sites and Services under the supervision of a parent, legal guardian, or another responsible adult; and (b) will not use (or plan, encourage or help others to use) the Sites for any purpose or in any manner that is prohibited by these Terms and Conditions or by applicable law. It is your responsibility to ensure that your use of the Sites complies with these Terms and Conditions and all applicable laws.
3.6 User Submissions. ApexonHealth welcomes your comments regarding the Services and the Sites and appreciates hearing from you. However, please note that ApexonHealth does not accept or consider creative ideas, suggestions, inventions, or materials other than those that it has specifically requested. If you submit feedback on the Services, please be specific in your comments and do not submit creative ideas, inventions, suggestions, or materials. Suppose, despite this notice, you send ApexonHealth creative suggestions, ideas, drawings, concepts, inventions, or other information (a “User Submission”). In that case, you understand and agree that the User Submission shall become the property of ApexonHealth. User Submission and any User Submissions elements shall not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality on ApexonHealth’s part, and ApexonHealth will not be liable for any use or disclosure of any User Submission. ApexonHealth shall exclusively own all now known or later discovered rights to the User Submission and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the User Submission for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to you or any other person.
- Disclaimers and Limitations on ApexonHealth’s Liability.
4.1 Allocation of Responsibility ApexonHealth assumes no responsibility for Documents posted by Users and no responsibility for the activities, omissions, or other users’ conduct. ApexonHealth acts as a portal for the online distribution and publication of User submitted information and has no obligation to screen communications or information in advance, and is not responsible for screening or monitoring Documents posted by Users. If notified by a User of a Document that allegedly does not conform to these Terms and Conditions, ApexonHealth may investigate the allegation and determine in good faith and its sole discretion whether to remove or request the removal of such Document. ApexonHealth has no liability or responsibility to Users for the performance or nonperformance of such activities. ApexonHealth may take any action with respect to User submitted information that it deems necessary or appropriate, at its sole discretion.
4.2 WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS. (a) THE SITES ARE PROVIDED ON AN ‘AS IS’ BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, OR IMPLIED. ApexonHealth, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES’ RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ApexonHealth MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE SITES.
4.3 DAMAGE LIMITATIONS, ALLOCATIONS OF LIABILITY, AND EQUITABLE RELIEF.
(a) YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITES, THE INTERNET GENERALLY, AND THE DOCUMENTS THAT YOU POST, PROVIDE, OR ACCESS AND FOR YOUR CONDUCT ON AND OFF THE SITES.
(b) IN NO EVENT SHALL ApexonHealth (OR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR ADVERTISERS) BE LIABLE FOR ANY NON-DIRECT DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA, LOST EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY, OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM OR ARISING UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH SERVICES OR THE USE OR ACCESS TO, OR THE INABILITY TO USE OR ACCESS, THE SITES AND/OR ANY DOCUMENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT ApexonHealth IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
(c) BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE LIMITATIONS outlined in THE PRECEDING PARAGRAPH MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF ANY ARE HELD INAPPLICABLE OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN ApexonHealth’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY NON-DIRECT TYPE OF DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO U.S. $200.00 IN THE AGGREGATE.
(d) IN NO EVENT SHALL ApexonHealth (OR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, OR ADVERTISERS), BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS IN THE AGGREGATE OF US$200.00 (OR, IF YOU ARE AN EMPLOYER WITH A SERVICES AGREEMENT WITH ApexonHealth, THE AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU TO ApexonHealth UNDER THIS AGREEMENT IF GREATER THAN US$200.00).
(e) Due to the nature of this agreement, in addition to money damages, you agree that ApexonHealth will be entitled to equitable relief upon a breach of this agreement by you.
4.5 User Authentication. Because User authentication on the Internet is difficult, ApexonHealth cannot and does not confirm that each User is who they claim to be. Because ApexonHealth does not and cannot be involved in User-to-User dealings or control the behavior of participants on the Sites, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more Users, you release ApexonHealth from claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential and direct and indirect) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
4.6 California Residents. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.”
- Amendments to this Agreement and Changes to Sites. ApexonHealth may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this page. Changes will be binding on you on the date they are posted on the Sites (or as otherwise stated in any notice of such changes). Any use of a Site will be considered acceptance by you of the then-current Terms and Conditions (including any exhibits thereto) contained on such Site. If you find the Terms and Conditions unacceptable at any time, you may not use the applicable Si any longer. ApexonHealth specifically rejects any new or different terms supplied by you unless ApexonHealth agrees to them in a signed writing specifically including those new or different terms. ApexonHealth may change the Sites at any time.
- Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless ApexonHealth (and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents) from and against any third-party claims, actions, or demands (including, without limitation, costs, damages, and reasonable legal and accounting fees) alleging or resulting from or in connection with your use of the Sites, any Document posted by you, your use of the Services or your breach of this agreement. ApexonHealth shall use reasonable efforts to provide you prompt notice of any such claim, suit, or proceeding and may assist you, at your expense, in defending any such claim, suit, or proceeding.
7.1 When you register on any of the ApexonHealth Sites or in connection with the Services, you will be asked to create an account and provide ApexonHealth with certain information, including but not limited to a valid email address (“User Information”). You acknowledge and agree that you have no ownership rights in your account.
- General. ApexonHealth’s contact information is listed on the Sites. ApexonHealth makes no claims that the content is appropriate or may be downloaded outside of the United States. Access to the Content may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries, and such persons have no right to access or use the Sites. If you access ApexonHealth from outside of the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction. This agreement is governed by the State of Michigan’s internal substantive laws, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Jurisdiction for any claims arising under this agreement shall lie exclusively with the state or federal courts in the State of Michigan. The sole relationship between you and ApexonHealth is that of independent contractors. Suppose any provision of this agreement is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction. In that case, the invalidity of all or part of a provision shall not affect the validity of this agreement’s remaining parts and provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect. All provisions of this agreement shall survive termination except those granting access or use to the Sites, and you shall cease all your use and access thereof immediately. You may not assign or transfer your obligations under this agreement. No waiver of any term of this agreement shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term. Except as expressly provided by ApexonHealth in a particular “Legal Notice,” or material on particular web pages of the Sites, this Agreement and your Service Activation Agreement, where applicable, constitute the entire agreement between you and ApexonHealth.